I Just Rediscovered My Blog After 8 Years… And It Felt Like Finding an Old Letter to Myself
Today, I accidentally stumbled upon something I hadn't visited in years—my old Blogspot blog, Memoirs of Rain Vedutti.
The last post?
2018.
Eight years.
It felt like opening an old drawer and finding handwritten letters from a younger version of myself. I couldn't help but smile.
Back then, blogging was a ritual.
Uploading on your blog, broadcasting the links to your friends on your blackberry and facebook (seems like another life), reading and responding to comments. Feeling the new connections in the the rapidly expanding global community. Oh I can smell the air of the time. Nostalgic! Lol.
We wrote because we had stories to tell, thoughts to untangle, and memories worth preserving. We sat at our computers, not because an algorithm demanded daily uploads, but because posting and sharing your thoughts, images or words were enough.
Then life happened.
Work got busier. The Rain Vedutti Company grew. Photography became filmmaking. Films became documentaries. One project led to another, and before I knew it, the world had changed too.
Somewhere along the way, the internet shifted.
The long-form stories we once scrolled through became 15-second clips. Then 30-second reels. Then portrait videos filled our screens. Instagram became "Insta." TikTok exploded. Twitter became X. New platforms arrived, old ones evolved, and somehow, we all became editors, presenters, marketers, and content creators all at once.
Without even noticing, many of us quietly stopped writing.
Finding this old blog today reminded me that not every story has to fit into sixty seconds.
Some stories deserve paragraphs.
Some deserve pauses.
Some deserve to be read slowly with a cup of coffee.
So here I am, in August 2026, dusting off Memoirs of Rain Vedutti.
Not because I have a grand strategy.
Not because someone told me blogging is making a comeback.
But simply because it feels right.
Maybe this is me trying to rekindle something old.
Like taking a bite from an apple I left in the fridge years ago—not because I expect it to taste exactly the same, but because I'm curious. Curious to see what memories it brings back, what new conversations it starts, and where this little experiment might lead.
Let's see where this goes.
Now I'm curious about you.
When was the last time you actually read a Blogspot post or a personal blog?
Did you ever have a blog of your own? What was it about? Share your blogging memories in the comments—I would genuinely love to hear your stories.
Here's to old passions, new beginnings, and the unexpected joy of rediscovering forgotten corners of the internet.
Welcome back to Memoirs of Rain Vedutti.
And hey check us out @rainvedutti on instagram and tiktok and see what we have been up to.
Hasta la vista!


Comments
Post a Comment